Routes Bicycle Tours is always in search of talented individuals to complement our customer service team.
If interested, please complete and return our PDF application for employment.
Completed applications are required for consideration, however, you may also include your resume.
You may either bring the completed application to our shop in Historic Old Town (2113 Charlevoix St NW) or e-mail it to ride -at- routesrentals -dot- com.
Thank you for your interest in Routes Bicycle Tours & Rentals!
- ABQ Flex Position: Part-Time Retail/Rental & Tour Guide (Posted 01/05/19)
- ABQ Flex Position: Part-Time Retail/Rental & Bike Mechanic (Posted 01/05/19)
Click below to learn more about our positions:
Flex Positions - Retail/Rental
If you love riding bikes, working on bikes, and being surrounded by bikes – this position is FOR YOU!
If you are…
- An upbeat, experienced retail whiz
- Comfortable performing basic bicycle maintenance
- An avid bicyclist who enjoys being paid to ride
- Have a strong knowledge of Albuquerque’s rich culture, history, facts, and layout
- An excellent communicator with top-notch customer service skills
- Professional with a clean and outgoing demeanor
- A fantastic place to work!
- Team events, rides, and tours
- Great employee discounts
- Flexible hours
- Paid product and customer service training
- Competitive pay based on experience
Retail experience and the ability to ride bicycles are a must. Applicants must be available to work some weekends.
Experience needed: Must have great customer service skills and be highly-motivated; Must have knowledge of basic bicycle repair and maintenance (fixing flats, chains, etc). Must not have an elitist attitude about bicycles/riders; Must be extremely organized and upbeat, with a clean, professional appearance/demeanor; knowledgeable and passionate for cycling in and around Albuquerque; Retail sales experience and a comfortability around and on bicycles a must, as this position is a Sales/Rental position with a FLEX option of either leading Bicycle Tours or performing Jr. Mechanic Duties; Must be computer proficient. The position is part-time; must be able to work most weekends.
Routes Bicycle Tours & Rentals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants for all positions equally without regard to their race, sex, age, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans With Disability Act. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed.